Saturday, June 25, 2011

Homemade Avocado Mask

While searching for fruits and vegetables you can eat for healthy skin, I came upon the article Feed Your Face: 10 Foods For Better Skin on lifescript.com. The article listed beneficial foods for your skin and also listed a moisturizing avacado mask you can make at home. If you have dry skin or just want to make your skin have a healthy glow I suggest you try this mask. The mask was a bit tingly on my skin but I have sensitive skin so that could be the reason. Otherwise I have no complaints. Here's what you need:

1 whole avacado
1tsp of flaxseed oil
1tsp of honey

first you peel and mash the avocado


then you add the honey and flaxseed oil and stir until creamy (finished product)


apply to face and leave on for 15-20 minutes then rinse with lukewarm water. After rinsing I used my Mary Kay Timewise Moisturizer, but you can use your favorite moisturizer of course. There was enough for two mask applications so I just put the rest in a jar to use for tomorrow.

Try the mask you'll love it! All ingredients purchased from Whole Foods.

No comments:

Post a Comment